VS Cinefest is a monthly live screening international event. Each month World film industry specialists announce 20 Officially Selected films in each category and out of them one film receives the Best of Category award. All the Officially Selected films receive VS Cinefest Certificate. In each month we publish an academic and detailed review of the award winning films in our International film magazine. In addition, the best of each month's category will compete with all the others at the end of the year and the best of the best in each category will receive the prestigious GOLDEN GALAXY AWARD and they will be screened in the presence of a live audience.
The annual event will be a glamorous red carpet premiere with press conferences and gala parties in the presence of international movie celebrities. The participants will have excellent opportunities to exchange their ideas, ideologies and cultural innuendoes. The winners will have a chance to meet with the audience and participate in a Q and A after the screening.
Next edition will take place in November, 2019. The Venue will be announced shortly.
RULES & REGULATIONS
Please read these Rules & Terms carefully before you submit your film. By submitting your film into competition in the Virgin Spring Cinefest, you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these Rules & Terms.
Virgin Spring Cinefest is open to any film completed after January 1, 2010, regardless of content, subject, or origin. Submitting your film to the VS Cinefest is not a guarantee of selection. All the official selection, nominees and the winners will be listed on our website permanently. All the winning films will receive a trophy, award or certificate. Please note that we do not offer application fee waivers. We treat every filmmaker equally.
What we’re looking for? Prolific art-house films, which can be in the form of narrative (fiction), documentary (non-fiction), or animation. The films must include English subtitles (unless the spoken language is English). By submitting your film, you agree that Virgin Spring Cinefest can use parts of your film (including trailer/teaser/film poster) for promotional purpose.
Virgin Spring Cinefest does not accept the following:
- Extremist or propaganda content from religious or political organizations
- Films which are made before 2010
- Films with a poor production standard (bad sound, lack of subtitles/captions for non-English films, or video resolution less than 720p HD)
Genres accepted: Fiction, documentary, and animation
Length limit: All Lengths Accepted
All filmmakers understand and accept that if their film is accepted for presentation and screening at the film festival, they grant full and unrestricted permission for VS Cinefest to screen the film/video at times of the festivals choice and to charge an admission fee for the presentation of the digital video program. All the presented film/videos do win a GOLDEN GALAXY Award from the festival, VS Cinefest only screens winners.
The Filmmaker understands and accepts that they do not participate in receiving any funds from the Box-office proceeds which are fully retained by the festival to help cover the overall cost of the festival presentation. It should be noted for the record that box-office proceeds never cover the cost of presentation of the Features and Short Film Programs. The Festival (VS Cinefest) is a non-profit, Cultural Organization with Federal, State, Country & City Tax-Exemptions.
Required Legal Stuff: The filmmaker releases the festival (VS Cinefest) from any and all liability for damages or destruction of the entered DCP. The Filmmaker understands that the entered DCP will be retained in a secure facility by the festival, and every effort will be taken to protect and control the viewing of this production. The festival assumes no liability whatsoever for theft, copyright violations or piracy of the entry.
The Filmmaker accepts and understands that the festival, in conjunction with HLC Studio, Kolkata will do everything possible to present the video in the best possible manner but the festival (VS Cinefest) is not responsible for any and all malfunctions during the presentation of the production at its festival screening. We use Professional Pioneer International playback systems, all formats, all regions, including Region 0. All entries are carefully pre-screened prior to the public showing to assure that the DCP does perform to industry Standards. The Festival (VS Cinefest) assumes no responsibility for any technical difficulties in the presentation of this video at the actual event.
The Film Festival (VS Cinefest) reserves the complete right to make changes in the program dates and times and to possibly not screen the video, despite its being selected for screening.
The filmmaker will endeavour to present to The Festival (VS Cinefest) a new and pre-checked Hard disk / DCP for the actual presentation of the video at the festival.
- Narrative Features (Above 40 minutes)
- Short Films (Less than 40 minutes)
- Documentary Films (Any length)
- Experimental Films (Any length)
- Virtual Reality (VR) / Augmented Reality (AR) and 360° Video (Any length)
- Drone Films (Any length)
- Web and New Media (Any length)
- Mobile Film (Any length)
- Debut Filmmaker (1st or 2nd Film / Any length)
- Horror / Science Fiction / Genre Feature Film (Above 60 minutes)
- Women's Films (Any length)
- Film on Women (Any Length)
- LGBT Film (Any length)
- Animated Films (Any length)
- Family/Children Films (Any length)
- Educational Film (Any length)
- Films on Disability Issue (Any length)
- Film on Religion (Any length)
- Film on Nature / Environment / Wildlife (Any length)
- Travel Film (Any length)
- Silent Film (Any length)
- One Minute Film
- Television / Pilot Program or Series (Any length)
- Commercial / Advertisement (Any length)
- Music Video (Any length)
- Trailer/Teaser (5 minutes or less)
- Treatment / Synopsis
- Short Script
- Feature Script
- Perfoming Arts (Any length)
- Film Review (Short Films)
- Film Review (Narrative Features)
- Review (Short Scripts)
- Review (Feature Scripts)
- On Demand Interview Publication (Cult Critic film magazine)
- Student Films (Any length)
- Young Filmmaker (Under 18 years / Any length)
- Amateur Film (Any length)
- Best Director (Additional)
- Best Actor (Additional)
- Best Actress (Additional)
- Best Cinematography (Additional)
- Best Editing (Additional)
- Best Music Score (Additional)
- Best Sound Design (Additional)
- Best VFX Artist (Additional)
- Best Producer (Additional)
DATES & DEADLINES
- August 13, 2019 : Opening Date
- August 16, 2019 : Earlybird Deadline
- September 11, 2019 :Extended Deadline
- September 16, 2019 :Notification Date
- September 20, 2019 : Event Date